More than half a million Android users installed malware disguised as smartphone games—right from the Google Play store. Mainly posing as a driving game, the malware was found in as many as 13 apps, according to tweets from ESET security researcher Lukas Stefanko.
- 500K Android users hit with malware, and what to do if you’re infected
- Timehop breach illustrates need for multi-factor authentication
- Phishing attacks hit financial services, tech companies hardest: How to stay safe
- Tech support scams rose by 24% in 2017, costing some victims thousands of dollars
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user