Phishing attacks skyrocketed in the financial services industry and IT sector early this year, according to the Spam and Phishing in Q2 2018 report from Kaspersky Lab. Over a third (35.7%) of phishing attempts were in the financial services industry, with the IT sector coming in second at 13.83%, according to the report.
- 500K Android users hit with malware, and what to do if you’re infected
- Timehop breach illustrates need for multi-factor authentication
- Phishing attacks hit financial services, tech companies hardest: How to stay safe
- Tech support scams rose by 24% in 2017, costing some victims thousands of dollars
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user