Someone on Reddit described how he was the victim of a very sophisticated social engineering attack. Wow, this is crafty. This is the story!: I have different passwords for every website I log into, 2-factor authentication when possible; I thought I knew all the scams and could spot them a mile away. This one still got me.
- 500K Android users hit with malware, and what to do if you’re infected
- Timehop breach illustrates need for multi-factor authentication
- Phishing attacks hit financial services, tech companies hardest: How to stay safe
- Tech support scams rose by 24% in 2017, costing some victims thousands of dollars
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user